- Bitcoin price bulls are relentless in the fight for a breakout above $12,000.
- Delay in the price action above $12,000 could be the optimum condition to set the bearish pennant reversal action in motion.
Bitcoin price has kept investors on their toes for almost three weeks now. After breaking out of a narrow range between $9,000 and $9,300 mid-July, the largest cryptocurrency resumed an uptrend and for the first time in several months traded above $10,000. BTC/USD went ahead to print the most bullish scenario in 2020, breaking out above the resistance at $12,000 to form new yearly highs at $12,142.
As expected in all bullish markets, a reversal occurred almost immediately, allowing BTC to confirm the support at $10,400. Recovery has been building momentum gradually this week with Bitcoin making it above $11,000. Moreover, buyers have shown resilience as they outperformed the bears to draw the price closer to $12,000.
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading at $10,850 amid a continuing bullish momentum. All eyes in the short term are glued on breaking above the resistance at $12,000. Unfortunately, Bitcoin is not seeing enough volumes for a rapid breakout.
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
Technically, the price is mainly in the hands of the bulls as shown by the RSI’s position at 63.85 and the MACD’s 122.24. Although the RSI has not been able to re-enter the overbought region since August 2, it has recovered substantially from the dip to 45. Similarly, the MACD shows that gains are likely to continue in the near term with its bullish divergence at 154.22.
The still-forming bearish pennant pattern suggests that if Bitcoin continues to delay the breakout above $12,000, a breakdown below $11,000 and towards the main support at $10,400 could come into the picture. Therefore, it is essential the price action above $12,000 materializes as soon as possible.
Bitcoin Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $11,835
Percentage change: 0.52%
Relative change: 61.12
Trend: Bullish short term bias
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?