- Bitcoin price embraces support at $11,400 following a rejection from levels slightly above $11,500.
- BTC/USD is likely to dive back to $11,000 in a bid to gather the strength for the much-awaited breakout to $12,000.
Bitcoin price is hovering below $11,500 following another failed attempt at sustaining gains above $11,500. However, it is impressive that the largest cryptocurrency is holding above $11,400 following the recent slump that tested $11,100.
BTC/USD immediate upside is limited by the 50 Fibonacci retracement level taken between the last swing high of $12,488 to a swing low of $10,542. Also standing in the way of movement is a descending trendline resistance.
The trendline has continued to control the narrowing of Bitcoin’s value since the high formed at $12,488 (2020 high). The lock-step trading has forced in a lower high and lower low pattern, suggesting that Bitcoin may have broken its upward momentum for a consistent downward trend.
From the technical levels observed in the 4-hour range, the prevailing sideways trading is likely to last longer. The Relative Strength Index confirms the consolidation narrative with its leveling motion at 44.56. This follows a recovery from levels around 30 (reminiscent of the drop to $11,100).
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
As long as the RSI hovers at this current level, BTC consolidation will take precedence. However, it is important to watch the direction of the indicator as a break above 50 would signal increasing bullish grip and growing potential for gains towards $12,000.
The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) is stuck in the negative region, confirming that sideways trading would last longer. The same indicator can help highlight the direction Bitcoin would take after the sideways trading. For now, holding above $11,400 support, remains key to Bitcoin bulls because it allows them to gather strength before they stage another attempt at breaking the $12,000 resistance.
Bitcoin Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $11,440
Relative change: -31
Percentage change: -0.27%
Trend: Consolidation bias
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?