- Bitcoin price extends the bearish leg to areas marginally below $10,000 after numerous trials to sustain gains past $12,000.
- Bitcoin price path of least resistance is now upwards following oversold conditions; support above $10,300 is essential.
The leading cryptocurrency gave in to the apparent selling pressure in the market. However, this time, the fall was nothing compared to what we have in in the last two months. From highs marginally above $12,000, Bitcoin initially found a pit stop at $11,100 (a popular support area in August). Recovery was immediate but the flagship cryptocurrency failed to break above $11,500.
The impact of a rising wedge pattern
Earlier this week, Coingape highlighted and discussed the formation of a falling wedge pattern. Wedge patterns are incorporated in technical analysis to signal a reversal from a prevalent trend. In this case, the rising wedge pattern hinted that an acute reversal was in Bitcoin’s path after after a lengthy uptrend. Sometimes these wedge patterns (whether rising or falling) are ignored and the asset goes ahead to trade at higher levels.
The freefall from the failed attempt to break above $11,500 was fueled by the fact that buyers were exhausted from the lack of sustained price action above $12,000 for almost a month despite their effort. In addition, trading a lower price sometimes helps new buyers to enter giving the asset (BTC) a formidable push upwards supported by volume.
The fall was so massive that expected supports at $11,000, $10,500 or even $10,200 succumbed to the intense pressure. Bitcoin took a sneak peek into the area below $10,000 before trading a monthly low of $9,995.
BTC/USD daily chart
At the time of writing, BTC/USD has recovered to trade at $10,303. With the Relative Strength Index (RSI) close to the oversold, Bitcoin’s probable path is upwards from now henceforth. The RSI illustrates the strength of a trend. It also helps to highlight oversold and overbought conditions. At the moment, Bitcoin is trading near oversold conditions, a situation that calls for more buying entries, in this case, BTC is likely to pull upwards in a bid to recover the lost ground towards $11,000.
Bitcoin Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $10,303
Relative change: 126
Percentage change: 1.24%
Trend: Short term bullish bias
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?