- Bitcoin nurtures recovery eyeing $40,000 after overcoming resistance at $36,000.
- BTC/USD must close the day above the 61.8% Fibonacci to complete the leg up to $40,000.
Bitcoin rebounded after confirming support at $30,000. On the upside, the largest cryptocurrency movement was limited to $36,000. The mid-week trading saw BTC retest support at $32,000 but buyers remained steadfast in with their push for gains above $36,000.
At writing, BTC/USD has lifted above the hurdle at $36,000 and is teetering at $37,525. Most of the critical levels hindering price movement are now in the rearview including the 50 Simple Moving Average on the 4-hour chart.
However, to complete the leg up to $40,000, Bitcoin must successfully battle the selling pressure presented at the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level, taken between the last drop from $42,082 to a swing low of $30,184.
Price action beyond this critical level is likely to pave the way for gains eyeing $40,000. The Relative Strength Index seems to have validated the breakout from $32,000 to the current price levels. However, the indicator has started to level at 55, suggesting that there could be delays in the final approach to $40,000.
Essentially, the trend is in favor of the bulls however, Bitcoin must close the day above the 61.8% Fibo to tackle higher resistance levels such as $38,000 and $40,000. The gap made by the 50 SMA above the 100 SMA continues to widen, hinting that buyers have more influence over the price.
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
On the other hand, if Bitcoin fails to settle above the critical Fibonacci level (61.8%), overhead pressure is likely to intensify as sellers increase their positions hoping for a return to $32,000 and $30,000, respectively.
Bitcoin intraday levels
Spot rate: $37,525
Relative change: 178
Percentage change: 0.5%
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%