- Ethereum is on the verge of a technical breakout eyeing $2,000.
- A falling wedge pattern on the 4-hour chart adds credence to the bullish outlook.
- Delay is expected at the 50 SMA and the 100 in the 4-hour timeframe.
Ethereum dropped as far as $1,285 during the weekend session. The support anticipated last week at $1,400 failed to hold, leading to the breakdown. Overhead pressure mounted, mainly with investors panic-selling to cash out for profit.
Meanwhile, a recovery is underway, with Ether stepping above $1,400. The price is doddering at $1,440 amid the push for higher levels. The 4-hour chart brings to light the formation of a falling wedge pattern.
This is a bullish pattern formed by two rising trendlines connecting the asset’s lower lows and lower highs. The pattern is distinct because it contracts downwards as the trading range narrows. Contrary to the symmetrical triangles, which have no bearish or bullish bias, a falling wedge pattern often results in a breakout to the upside.
A falling wedge forms amid an ongoing downtrend and can be short-term or long-term, depending on the time it took to develop. The upper trendline (resistance) and the lower trendline (support) converge as the pattern matures.
As the wedge contracts, volume declines aggressively, indication a period of consolidation as buyers prepare to take control. Usually, a breakout is expected as the price slices through the upper trendline. The breakout is usually rapid and must be time to make the most of the pattern. Note that traders must wait for the breakout to be confirmed to ensure that false upswings are avoided.
ETH/USD 4-hour chart
For now, Ethereum is nurturing a breakout that could hit levels towards $2,000. However, resistance is expected at $1,520, the 50 Simple Moving Average at $1,600, and the 100 SMA, slightly above $1,800. Similarly, the uptrend is supported by the Relative Strength Index after bouncing from the oversold area.
Ethereum intraday levels
Spot rate: $1,440
Relative change: 20
Percentage change: 1.4%
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?