- Bitcoin rejection from $52,000 leads to unstoppable declines under $50,000.
- Technical indicators flip bearish for Bitcoin, adding weight to the impending price drop.
- The IOMAP model reveals immense resistance ahead of BTC and robust support, hinting at a potential consolidation.
Bitcoin continues to explore price levels under $50,000 following a recent rejection at $52,000. Initially, traders anticipated support at the 100 Simple Moving Average (SMA) and the 50 SMA on the 4-hour chart, but the gravitational force seems extremely hard to stop.
Meanwhile, the bellwether cryptocurrency is trading slightly above $47,000. Short-term technical analysis shows that the least resistance path is downwards. This is emphasized by the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) on the same 4-hour chart.
The trend momentum indicator has also flipped bearish following the MACD line (blue) cross under the signal line. Additionally, the technical indicator is falling toward the midline and may extend the action into the negative region.
Bitcoin is expected to secure support at the 200 SMA to halt the losses. However, if push comes to shove, BTC will extend the bearish leg to $42,000 due to the lack of a robust support area.
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
The In/Out of the Money Around Price (IOMAP) model by IntoThepBlock bolsters the massive resistance ahead of the flagship cryptocurrency. Recovery from the current price levels to $50,000 will not come easy, especially with the selling pressure between $48,450 and $49,816. Here, nearly 1.1 million addresses had bought 504,000 BTC.
On the flip side, the same on-chain model reveals that Bitcoin’s downside is also strongly supported, which means that losses as far as $42,000 may not come into the picture. Consolidation may take place owing to the support running from $45,660 and $47,026. Here, approximately 739,000 had purchased 445,000 BTC.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?