At the time of writing, the flagship cryptocurrency trades at $36,600 after holding at two key levels. Initially, the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA) ensured that losses do not stretch to $35,000 while a bit of push upward brought BTC above the 100 SMA on the four-hour, currently functioning as the critical short-term support.
Bitcoin bulls focus on securing higher support and gaining ground above $40,000
The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) has a bullish impulse on the four-hour chart. This is a technical indicator following the trend of an asset and measuring its momentum. The MACD rarely shows oversold and overbought conditions. However, it identifies positions where traders can buy the dip or sell the bottom.
Note that a buy signal occurs when the MACD line crosses above the signal line. The move implies that buyers are gaining immense traction as sellers begin to lose ground. Note that if the MACD moves above the zero line, the market generally starts to trend north, as shown on the Bitcoin chart.
BTC/USD four-hour chart
Bitcoin needs to make a four-hour close above the 100 SMA support to validate the uptrend to $40,000. The Relative Strength Index (RSI) is not overbought yet; therefore, bulls have more room for growth in the near term. Following a break above $40,000, traders should anticipate resistance at the 200 SMA. If broken, attention will shift toward $44,000 and $50,000, respectively.
Bitcoin intraday levels
Spot rate: $36,600
Resistance: $39,000 – $40,000 and the 200 SMA
Support: 100 SMA and $36,000
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?