- Ripple price gained ground to settle briefly above $0.7 but hit a barrier under $0.72.
- Losing support at $0.7 opened the Pandora box as a correction to $0.64 becomes apparent.
Ripple price was able to break the resistance at $0.7 on Tuesday. This move allowed bulls to stretch the up leg to $0.72. However, the seller congestion at the 200 Simple Moving Average (SMA) on the two-hour chart stopped the bullish action.
In the meantime, XRP trades at $0.68 after losing support at $0.7. If the ground above $0.7 is not reclaimed soon, losses will likely extend toward $0.64. At the moment, the path with the slightest hurdles seems downward, as observed from the short-term technical picture.
Why could Ripple price declines soar in the near term?
Ripple’s short-term technical picture is flipping massively bullish, according to the two-hour chart. Applied technical tools such as the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) are about to send a bearish signal. The indicator follows the trend of an asset and measures its momentum.
When the MACD line (blue) crosses below the signal line, it is a call to sell, as observed on Ripple’s chart. Moreover, traders watch out for the MACD crossing under the zero line into the negative territory to validate the downtrend.
XRP/USD two-hour chart
As the bearish momentum gains power, the Relative Strength Index (RSI) shows that bearish aggression intensifies. Unlike the MACD, the RSI follows the trend of an asset and calculates its strength. A sharp drop from the oversold area suggests that sellers are entirely in control. Breaking below the midline and toward the oversold region would cement the bears’ influence in the market before the bulls turn the trend around.
On the other hand, a golden cross pattern has occurred with the 50 SMA crossing above the 100 SMA. The pattern infers that the uptrend is still intact despite the correction, and Ripple price will likely secure higher support, leading to its resumption.
Ripple intraday levels
Spot rate: $0.68
Support: $0.64 and $0.58
Resistance: The 200 SMA
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?