- Bitcoin price is on the verge of breaking out to $44,000 if the 200 SMA resistance shatters.
- BTC erases the Amazon-triggered losses to trade around $40,000.
Bitcoin price remarkably bounced back following a correction on Tuesday. The retreat from $40,000 to $36,000 occurred barely 24 hours after the bellwether cryptocurrency had rallied from levels around $34,000.
Initially, a report by City A.M said that Amazon was in the process of integrating Bitcoin as a form of payment on the global retail platform. The media cited an unnamed insider who said that the process was almost complete. Moreover, Amazon intended to add other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin.
However, the retail behemoth released a statement on Tuesday denying any such report. This news sent Bitcoin into a tailspin, where it tested support at $36,000. Other cryptocurrencies bled too, with Ethereum diving toward $2,100 and Ripple retesting support at $0.62.
Bitcoin Price Poised For A Run-up To $44,000
The flagship cryptocurrency is trading marginally above $40,000. Its immediate upside is capped by the 200 Simple Moving Average (SMA). A break above the immediate barriers will likely boost Bitcoin to $44,000 before bulls plan the next run to $48,000.
It is worth mentioning that the path with the slightest resistance is upward, especially with the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) gaining ground above the mean line. The wide divergence between the 12-day EMA and the 26-day EMA emphasizes the prevailing bullish grip.
BTC/USD four-hour chart
The Relative Strength Index (RSI) holds within the overbought region. On the one hand, this shows that buyers are aggressive and upward price action is intact but on the other, overbought conditions could culminate in a correction as bears battle to bring the price down. Therefore, balancing above $40,000 is key for the uptrend while jumping above the 200 SMA will cement the bulls’ position in the market.
Bitcoin Price Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $40,000
Support: $36,000 and $34,000
Resistance: The 200 SMA and $44,000
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long