- Ethereum price sustained the hard fork momentum last week to trade at $3,200.
- A correction is underway, with Ether looking forward to the next support at $2,800.
Ethereum has been on the investors’ favorite list since last week. The Ethereum London hard fork put Ethereum back on the global map as it hit the headlines, with an upgrade that will see gas fees reduced and the protocol making way for the implementation of ETH 2.0.
The gigantic smart contract token made haste above $2,800, a resistance level that had initially barred bulls from gaining ground. As investor appetite for Ether grew over the weekend, the price lifted above $3,000. Ethereum later brushed shoulders with $3,200 for the first time since May.
Ethereum Price Hits The Reverse Button
Ethereum is in the middle of a retreat after suffering rejection at $3,200. As the price shot up last week, holders anticipated a breakout to $4,000 and perhaps a retest of the all-time high. Meanwhile, Ether has slipped beneath $3,000 amid a seemingly strong correction.
It is worth mentioning that if bears increase their positions, overhead pressure will intensify, thus pushing Ethereum toward the following tentative support at $2,800. Note that the Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the daily chart emphasizes sellers’ likelihood of staying in control.
ETH/USD Daily Chart
According to the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator, buyers are relatively in control. However, if they do not resume complete control in the near term, a sell signal will likely emerge. Therefore, the support at $2,800 remains crucial for the resumption of the uptrend and preventing more losses toward $2.400.
Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon NetworkAltcoin News
On the upside, higher support, preferably above $2,900, could allow bulls to assume control as soon as possible. Moreover, reclaiming the ground above $3,000 will most likely trigger massive gains as investors shift attention to $3,600 and $4,000, respectively.
Ethereum Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $2,952
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why