The Algorand Foundation today announced its new DeFi program Viridis along with a 150 million Algo (worth $300 million USD). The new fund will help to boost DeFi innovation on the Algorand platform.
The fund will go towards the development of money markets, options markets, and decentralized exchanges (DEX) on the Algorand platform. They will also go towards the development of synthetic asset applications as well as NFT platforms. Sean Lee, CEO of the Algorand Foundation said:
“The Algorand Foundation is excited to launch this funding program to help accelerate the adoption of DeFi across the Algorand Ecosystem. Creating the right infrastructure, application ecosystem and liquidity will be key to ensuring that DeFi on Algorand is regarded as the world’s most energy efficient, scalable and low cost DeFi ecosystem”.
Fund Allocation for DeFi Development
- The AlgorGrant Fund gets 50 million ALGO ($100 million USD) that will exclusively go towards the development of decentralized applications (DApps) and DeFi infrastructure. Algorand will also introduce DeFi “SupaGrants” supporting cross-chain bridges.
- Another 100 million ALGO ($200 million USD) will go towards providing liquidity incentives for DeFi and DApps adoption. Thus, quality DeFi projects on Algorand will not face liquidity issues going ahead.
The ALGO Price Rally
Algorand’s native cryptocurrency ALGO has registered a strong price rally making 100% gains in just the last two days. The ALGO price rallied all the way to $2.47 earlier today. As of press time, it is still trading 7.5% up at a price of $2.06 and a market cap of $10.7 billion.
The ALGO price rally comes as the El Salvador government officially approves the Algorand blockchain to build the country’s blockchain infrastructure. Besides, the Algorand blockchain has also seen a strong surge in the DeFi activity on the platform.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?