Bitcoin [BTC] price currently seems to be range bound in the $7000 range. Moreover, the past few weeks have been highly bearish for altcoins.
Ethereum [ETH], Litecoin [LTC], BCH and so on are close reaching last years’ November support levels where the reversal began.
With XRP, it has been trading below $0.2 – a two year low in the price of the cryptocurrency. It is trading down 92% from its high in December 2017.
Josh Rager, a crypto analyst and derivatives trader notes on altcoins that,
Volatility is low, correlation is very similar with Bitcoin. A lot of these altcoins whether market makers/big investors are waiting to see what Bitcoin does.
He also mentions that in case of a drop in Bitcoin to $6000, the price of altcoins could benefit from it.
According to a recent prediction by BitMEX research, the dominance of Bitcoin could decrease over the course of 2020. This would imply increase in the value of altcoins w.r.t. Bitcoin.
However, Willy Woo’s Altcoin/Bitcoin market capitalization chart, the ratio is currently at the threshold level.
According to Woo, the break-down of the trendline could cause another 60% drop in the ratio where the altcoins would finally be purged of the 2017 bubble run. The On-chain analyst perceives that the correlation with Bitcoin’s bull trend would break below the line.
Nevertheless, many altcoins XRP, Litecoin [LTC], Ether [ETH] and so on are already testing levels prior to the exponential run in December 2017. While the bullish sentiments were intact throughout the year, it was not before December where the mad-run was witnessed. However, Bitcoin’s dominance prior to the ‘alt-season’ in 2017 was above 80%.
Furthermore, there are other ‘Bitcoin Maximalists’, as one might call them, who believe that Bitcoin’s dominance would increase past 80% again as the ‘shitcoins’ continue to die.
Last but not the least, the altcoins currently include stablecoins as well, which is basically FIAT. Hence, the actual dominance of altcoins in the crypto-markets might be lower.
How do you analyse the bitcoin: altcoin dominance in the near future? Please share your views with us.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?