Nowadays, there is a huge gap between the digitized world of the developed countries and cities and the rural areas of both the developed and developing ones. Due to the inequality in the quality of service, around 50% of people around the world don’t have access to the Internet.
It’s quite understandable because large telecom providers expect the benefit of a high return on investment, which is much more achievable in big cities with a higher concentration of richer consumers and enterprises. The provision of telecom services to rural areas is much more expensive in terms of the area to be covered relative to lower population densities, and that’s why there is a lot more work still to be done for these markets.
Ways Blockchain Helps to Connect
AMMBR is one of the first projects to combine wireless and Blockchain technologies and are building an entirely new telecommunication model that is designed to be cost-effective and quite affordable even in emerging and rural markets. The main feature of the decentralized networks is the abundance of access points, where every access point also acts as a router to other surrounding access points. This architecture allows the system to work flawlessly as the nodes and the Internet gateways provided by some are interchangeable. Originally, the system was used in military radio networking.
The main idea of Blockchain technology is to provide the governance mechanisms of a decentralized environment that allows the autonomous access points to compete and optimize routes to the Internet for the clients. There is no centralized provider and the whole infrastructure functions on allowing any willing entrepreneur to participate as a service provider, and anyone to get Internet service without the complexity of traditional hotspots.
The network created by AMMBR can be easily accessed using AMR cryptocurrency as the means of payment for services. Thus the many service providers seamlessly interconnect to other service providers, and clients can roam on any AMMBR access point, and all use AMR as the common payment and settlement tool. The steps to gain access are simple: 1) download the app on a smartphone or a PC and 2) access any AMMBR connection by adding value, either at a participating merchant with an over the counter POS purchase, or through an in-app purchase of value (AMR tokens). The technical stuff to enable this is carried in the background and you don’t have to deal with a single line of code.
The noble mission of the AMMBR project is to close the digital divide between rural and urban areas; the developing world and the developed world. This is the reason why so much hope and effort is being put into this effort to introduce a decentralized and reliable platform to include large, medium and small telecom providers.
The leading countries around the world where the AMMBR technology is being tried and used are India, the USA, the Philippines and a couple of African countries.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?