ApeCoin (APE), the native token to the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) NFT collection, avoided broader losses in the crypto market over the past 24 hours. Rising whale trade appeared to be the biggest factor behind the token’s performance.
The token surged as much as 10% over the past 24 hours, hitting a high of around $12.24, while its trading volumes jumped nearly 300% in a day to over $729 million.
APE the most traded token by ETH whales
Data from Whalestats showed that APE was the most traded token by major Ethereum whales over the past 24 hours. It was also the fourth-most purchased token by ETH whales, with about $57,000 worth of APE being bought in the past 24 hours.
The data indicates that whale interest is picking up in the coin since its launch last month. While it saw a volatile launch, APE has since stabilized to trade within the $10 to $20 range. Recent weakness in the crypto market also dented the token, which is trading down 9.2% over the past seven days.
Another factor behind APE’s jump over the weekend is a callout by popular music group Bassjackers, who featured BAYC-themed graphics during a recent concert in Chile.
Still, technical indicators showed that APE was yet to break above a bullish level of $12.6. A breakout there is likely to catapult the token higher.
BAYC plans a metaverse
APE is set to become the native token for an upcoming blockchain game and metaverse by Yuga Labs, the creators of BAYC. While little is know about the project, beyond a teaser trailer, its launch is likely to benefit the token.
The project, titled “Otherside,” will feature NFTs from several collections owned by Yuga, including Bored and Mutant Apes, CryptoPunks, and Meebits.
Capitalizing on the popularity of BAYC NFTs, APE has seen steady trading volumes since its launch. The token is currently ranked 42 in the largest cryptocurrencies, and has a market capital of $3 billion.
ApeCoin is also supported by several games from blockchain games maker Animoca Brands.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3