The largest Austrian telecommunications giant, A1 is planning to accept cryptocurrency as a means of payment. The firm recently states that they’re launching a pilot project to test virtual payments at limited stores.
A1 is Austria’s major telecommunications which would soon support Bitcoin, Ether, XRP, Litecoin, Stellar, and Dash. Initially, the option is available at only selected stores which will expand shortly with the addition of other coins, if the pilot turns out to be successful.
Moreover, A1 selects Wien Mitte The Mall, Vienna Kärntnerstraße, Krems Bühl Center, Graz Herrengasse, Innsbruck Kaufhaus Tyrol, Salzburg Europark and Linz Landstraße as its stores to run a pilot project. As per the report, it will also host payments for WeChat Pay and Alipay by the end of this month.
Crypto Payments on the Rise
Jochen Schuetzenauer says that crypto payment is common across America and Asia and states about A1’s plan of supporting virtual payments;
“It is a trial. If it turns out as we think (that this is popular), we will extend our offer,”
The acceptance of cryptocurrency as a means of payment has been on the rise from some time now. He outlines the increasing use of cryptocurrency has made cash more obsolete. Echoing the similar concern, A1’s business marketing Markus Schreiber added;
“Cash is a discontinued model. With our pilot operation in the A1 shops, we will test demand and acceptance of digital currency in Austria.”
Nevertheless, A1 telecom giant serves almost 5.1 million mobile and 2.1 million fixed lines across Austria. With the pilot project, the giant seeks to understand how digital currencies are in demand and employed within the country.
As per the reports, A1 is teaming up with banks to analyze the price-fluctuations of crypto payments. Accordingly Salamantex, Ingenico and Concardis are three banks that A1 telecom giant has highlighted to sign partnership for the project.
Image Source – vaaju.com
- Cardano’s Smart Contract Count Breaches 2,200, Hoskinson Says Defi “up for grabs”
- Just-in: PayPal Starts Bitcoin and Other Crypto Trading Services in UK
- Ethereum (ETH) Supply Dynamics Tell An Interesting Story, Exchange Outflow Hits New Record
- Avalanche (AVAX) Shoots 12% After Raising $230 Million With Private Token Sale
- Dogecoin, Cardano Price Analysis: September 16, 2021
- The International DOTA 2: Win Fantastic Prizes in the 1xBit’s New Esports Tournament
- El Salvador: Government faces investigation into Bitcoin Trust’s expenditure
- FUNToken User Wins $20,000 Trip to Vegas at DPLAY – The Exclusive FUN Casino
- ECB President asserts “Cryptos are not currencies, full stop.”
- Blockchain Research Lab xSigma Joins Maxim Magazine to Launch MaximNFT.com– Home to Maxim’s Exclusive NFTs