One of the most anticipated bitcoin futures by Bakkt is launching beta testing, allowing user testing on July 22, 2019. The futures contract is powered by Bakkt, a subsidiary of the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) that founded the New York Stock Exchange.
This Could Be Huge
The day, Bakkt announced Bitcoin futures contract, the crypto community was quite sure that it will more possibly bring institutional investors to the crypto industry. In many specific terms, it will bring big money big players into cryptocurrency which will more likely enhance the total market cap of the sphere by orders of magnitude.
In essence, Bakkt is backed by a diverse array of big names, including Microsoft Inc. Starbucks Corporation which makes its bitcoin futures even more interesting. Moreover, it is expected to be a game-changer in the crypto investment industry. As the platform announces that it begins user acceptance testing for its Bitcoin futures contracts on Monday (July 22, 2019), many speculate that it will be a catalyst and quite a big deal for the crypto industry.
According to ICE’s CEO and Chairman, Jeff Sprecher, ICE’s investment in Bakkt is “a bit of a moonshot bet” – a term used by former American president John F.Kennedy on Neil Armstrong’s land on the lunar surface. The blog announcing Bakkt’s beta launch on July 22, states that;
On July 22, two days after Apollo 11’s 50th anniversary, Bakkt will initiate user acceptance testing for its bitcoin futures listed and traded at ICE Futures U.S. and cleared at ICE Clear US.
Moreover, Adam White, the Chief Operating Officer at Bakkt reveals that the company’s Bitcoin futures will be listed and traded on ICE Futures U.S. as well as cleared at ICE Clear U.S.
Institutions should not dismiss crypto-asset
Unlike CME Grup and Cboe’s bitcoin futures that featuring cash-settled, Bakkt’s Bitcoin futures on the exchange are physically settled. It means that parties experience transfers of Bitcoin from the Bakkt Digital Asset Warehouse upon the end of the contract period.
While Bakkt is scheduled to launch these bitcoin futures today, Fundstrat’s Quant strategist, Sam Doctor states that this could be a huge catalyst for institutional participation in the crypto market.
We think #Bakkt could be a huge catalyst for institutional participation in the #crypto market. Here are our takeaways from the Bakkt institutional summit yesterday at the NYSE… #bitcoin #BTC #ETH @fundstrat @fundstrat_ken pic.twitter.com/lkRylD1P4C
— Sam Doctor (@fundstratQuant) July 19, 2019
Referring to Bakkt’s recent institutional summit at the New York State Exchange, Fundstrat claims that this is a big opportunity that accelerates entry of traditional institutional investors. The Fundstrat’s takeaways from the Bakkt Digital Asset Summit mentioned that;
“There appears to be a critical mass of adopters ready to come on board on Day 1 of the Bakkt launch, with the sales team gaining traction among brokers, market makers, prop trading desks and liquidity providers.”
This Fundstrat notes further mentioned views of Blocktower Ari Paul who reportedly said that ”institutions should not dismiss crypto-asset”, explaining;
With 200%-300% CAGR and low to no correlation to traditional assets, investors should size their position accordingly rather than avoid crypto.
He strongly affirmed that crypto is here to stay and “institutional CIOs who make large crypto gains aren’t acting responsibly when avoiding to add in their funds.
While this is a good deal for big boys, it has no positive effect on the price of the crypto market yet. At the press time, the market is still dull and Bitcoin is trading under $10600 figure whereas other altcoins are experiencing the eventual downfall.
Image Source – shutterstock
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?