Bakkt Platform launch has finally been confirmed for 2019 as the firm seems to have finally been able to convince the regulatory watch-dog, CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) and NYDFS (New York Department of Financial Services) for its approval. The online platform will offer a daily settlement bitcoin futures contract, and a monthly settlement bitcoin futures contract similar to one offered by CME.
Bakkt will be launched in collaboration with two other ICE (Inter-Continental Exchange) subsidiaries: ICE Futures US and ICE clear US. ICE is also the parent company of the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange). ICE Futures US will handle the Futures contact while, ICE clear US will manage the margin trading on the platform.
The announcement made by Kelly Loeffler, the CEO of Bakkt emphasized on the conviction of the team and ICE in providing this service. She said in a blog post,
Bakkt will contribute $35 million into the clearinghouse risk waterfall. This puts our own “skin in the game” and aligns our interests for market integrity and safety with market participants.
The platform will also offer custody arrangements like Fidelity and Gemini. The custody wing is approved by the CFTC regulators. Safekeeping of the cryptocurrencies will be supported by insurance, cybersecurity, and comprehensive compliance, including an anti-money-laundering program and blockchain analytics
Moreover, since Bakkt is not yet registered as a Trust Company, the Bitcoin Futures contract by placing Bitcoins in margin or custody will be awaiting a green signal for regulatory bodies. The test phase of the platform will be launched sometime in July this year. The public launch of the platform is also expected to be rolled out “in the coming months.”
Do you think the Bakkt new fuel new energy into the cryptocurrency markets or we’ll have to wait for the launch? Please share your views with us.
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto’s Website Gets Hacked, Scammers Run BTC Giveaway Scam
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio