The collapse of the Terra ecosystem has sent shockwaves across the crypto market. Some of the biggest investors in Terra such as Delphi Digital and Galaxy Digital’s Mike Novogratz have finally broken their silence on the matter.
Earlier in February 2022, Delphi Digital participated in the last fundraiser by the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG). The investor has lost a massive $10 million of its total investment entirely. Delphi Digital has published a complete transparency report as to what it did with its LUNA reserves during the crash. Acknowledging its mistake of holding up to its investments, it wrote:
The fact is we miscalculated the risk of a “death spiral” event coming to fruition. We’ve taken some heat for this over the last week, and we deserve it. The criticism is fair and we accept it.
Mike Novogratz on Terra LUNA – ‘Big Idea That Failed’
On Wednesday, May 18, crypto billionaire Mike Novogratz finally broke his silence on the entire LUNA episode. Novogratz said that he was silent during the event of the crash while spending time reflecting on the economy and his role in the crypto space.
The Terra episode will be a big dent in investors’ confidence in the crypto and DeFi markets. His firm Galaxy Digital had invested in Terraform Labs during Q4 2020. Since then, he was promoting the UST stablecoin all across social media.
In fact, Novogratz also got a Terra LUNA tattoo on his hand earlier this year. “My tattoo will be a constant reminder that venture investing requires humility,” he wrote.
— Mike Novogratz (@novogratz) January 5, 2022
Novogratz also said that individual investors putting their money in crypto should have proper risk management in mind. Novogratz added that investors’ crypto allocation should only be 1% to 5% of their entire asset. He said:
“Reading the stories of retail investors who lost their savings in one investment is heart wrenching. But it’s important that less experienced market participants only risk what they are comfortable losing.”
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3