Justin Sun won the auction for a charity lunch with Warren Buffet, the American business magnate, with a record bid of $4.57 million. Justin Sun is a crypto-entrepreneur and founder of Tron cryptocurrency platform. The proceeds of the lunch will be given to GLIDE, a charitable Trust run by Buffet.
The auction was conducted on eBay by the GLIDE Foundation; the trust serves the poor, homeless, and those battling drug abuse.
Reportedly, Warren Buffet was delighted, he told the media,
“I’m delighted with the fact that Justin has won the lunch and am looking forward to meeting him and his friends. We are going to have a good time and Glide will use his contribution to help many thousands of people.”
Sun Invites Zhao But Turned Down
Justin Sun has said that he is going to send invites to a couple of people from the crypto-community attend the lunch with him. He has already sent the invite to the CEO of the largest cryptocurrency Exchange, Changpang Zhao. However, CZ has turned down the offer, he said,
@justinsuntron kindly invited me to go, but I can’t make it. Too far. I guess that’s like turning down $1,000,000, assuming 5 guys going, lol… But very much appreciated.
The crypto-community has hailed this move made by Justin. While the proceeds are moving to a good cause, the cryptocurrencies are getting the attention from mainstream media.
Nevertheless, some people also criticized the overly expensive marketing expenditure. Ran Neuner, the host of Crypto-Trader on CNBC Fast Money expressed his views in a series of tweets sent by him. In one tweet he said,
What most people don’t realize is that this game is not about tech, tech will be commoditized and easy to fork. This game is about marketing and in that department Justin Sun is clearly in the lead.
Warren Buffet and his long-time business partner Charlie Munger have openly criticized Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies to the extent that Buffet called it a ‘Rat Poison.’ Justin Sun plans to educate Buffet about the concepts of cryptocurrencies and its advantages at the event.
Do you think that Warren Buffet will view cryptocurrencies differently after the lunch? Please share your views with us.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?