- The total supply of Binance Coin needs to be brought down to 100 million BNB tokens.
- According to the MACD, BNB/USD has a bearish bias in the short-term.
Binance Coin (BNB) has been a great performer in the cryptocurrency market since the year began. Besides making it to the top ten largest cryptocurrencies, BNB overtook several assets in order to hold the sixth position. It has a market capitalization of $4.4 billion and a 24-hour trading volume that currently stands at $688 million.
The data on CoinMarketCap shows Binance Coin has a total supply of 187,536,713 BNB while 155,536,713 BNB tokens are in circulation. This is after the latest quarterly coin burn that saw the network destroy 808,888 BNB tokens worth $24 million at the time. The total supply for Binance Coin needs to be brought down to 100 million BNB. While the exchange will continue to the burn based on the trading volume, Binance team will give up all its allocated 80 million BNB for the coin burn process.
Binance Coin Technical Picture
The 1-h chart for BNB/USD trading pair shows a cryptocurrency that still has great potential for recovery despite the upside being capped at $30. The battle for recovery comes after the entire crypto market tumbled amid global regulatory uncertainty for the proposed Libra cryptocurrency from Facebook Inc. Although Facebook will continue with the development of the project ahead of the launch next year, the company has a lot to do to convince the regulators that its intentions are right.
BNB/USD 1-h chart
At the moment, Binance Coin is trading at $29 above both the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA) 1-h currently at $27.76 and the 100 SMA 1-h currently at $27.62. Weak bullish momentum is currently building towards $30.00 immediate resistance. However, the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) shows Binance Coin having a bearish bias in the short-term. The increasing divergence downwards suggests that the sellers are likely to continue gaining traction and, therefore, a break above $30 could be an uphill task in the coming sessions.
BNB Key Technical Levels
Key Hurdles: $30, $33 and $40.00.
Key Support Areas: $27 and $24.
MACD 1-h chart: Signals increasing bear pressure.
Moving Averages: BNB price above 50 SMA and 100 SMA.
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Upside Potential Limited But Remains Fundamentally Strong To Hit $50,000
- Avalanche, Ethereum Price Analysis: September 16, 2021
- Metaverse Update: Sandbox (SAND) Price Drops By 20% Over Last Week, Here’s Next Trading Levels
- Chainlink, Uniswap Price Analysis: September 14, 2021
- HBAR Price Analysis: Hedera Hashgraph ($HBAR) Prints New All Time High, Can HBAR Break $1?
- MonoX raises $5 million to disrupt traditional DEXs using single-sided liquidity pools
- The International DOTA 2: Win Fantastic Prizes in the 1xBit’s New Esports Tournament
- El Salvador: Government faces investigation into Bitcoin Trust’s expenditure
- FUNToken User Wins $20,000 Trip to Vegas at DPLAY – The Exclusive FUN Casino
- ECB President asserts “Cryptos are not currencies, full stop.”