There was a sudden shock, confusion, and fear in the Crypto Twitter community as Binance website became inactive with no trades for over 20 minutes. Some members of the community report that there are no trades shown on the UI when users log in.
The Binance team after about half an hour of silence has made an announcement that it is on temporary system maintenance that could last for three hours or more. According to the team, the system automatically shut down after detecting a disk failure to avoid any data loss or corruption. Users funds are completely safe according to the update
However, all deposits, withdrawals, and trading are suspending during this time and uncompleted deposits will be completed when the maintenance is complete. The maintenance started by 20:00 UTC and the team promises to keep the community updated on progress.
Everything is back to normal
Binance suffered a hack in May that led to the loss of over $40 million of users’ money. An investigation is still ongoing as to how the hack happened and ways to improve security to avoid such loss in the future. Some Twitter users who are likely Binance customers expressed fears of a possible hack. Some of the responses are as follows:
“It’s to late. We’ve lost it all” – @JaminXBT
“we’re at 27 minutes now And im getting scared” – @kamese0331
A follow-up announcement, however, confirms that the system is back on and no data was lost. Also as promised, no funds lost so the panic can be over finally.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?