Bitcoin adoption is constantly increasing as according to the latest development, the Bessarabian market in Ukraine’s capital Kiev now allows people to buy fruits and vegetables in Bitcoin and other cryptos through the crypto payment processor, Paytomat that support 11 cryptocurrencies.
Now buy groceries with multiple cryptocurrencies
This is what real-world Bitcoin adoption looks like!
The famous Bessarabian market in Kiev, Ukraine’s capital, is now offering the option to purchase fruits and vegetables with Bitcoin among other cryptocurrencies. This has been made possible by Paytomat, a crypto payments processor.
According to its website, Paytomat currently supports Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), Nano, Decred, Dash, ZenCash, ZCoin, Dimecoin, Waves & NEM. This is apparently an experimental stage where customers can spend their cryptos for fruits and vegetables.
Aleksandr Kuinnoi, the operational director at Paytomat shared that the project is dubbed “Babushka” that means grandmother has been quoted by the local media source describing the process as:
“At the moment this feature is working in test mode at a single vendor. With the help of cryptocurrency wallet app customer can scan QR-code. After this, the customer is automatically transferred to the cryptocurrency converter page where he needs to enter the purchase price in hryvnias. Next, the customer transfers payment to merchant’s wallet in cryptocurrency of their choice and after the merchant gets a notification of funds being received, this transaction comes to a logical conclusion.”
Before completing the transaction, the company automatically selects the best exchange rate.
Bitcoin & crypto adoption constantly on the rise
Talking about the idea behind the project, it is to show the simplicity of using cryptocurrencies in the day to day life.
As for choosing the Bessarabian market, Kurinnoy shared,
“The main idea is the symbiosis of traditions and innovations. We chose Bessarabian market because it is a well-known tourist attraction and cryptocurrencies are a universal payment tool in any country.”
This is not the first time, Paytomat has been making efforts to take bitcoin and cryptocurrencies to the mainstream. It has been implementing crypto payments in cafes, online stores, beauty salons, schools, and clinics for over a year now.
The drive to take crypto adoption forward has been propelled through a number of ways viz. POS terminals, single QR code, web panel on the terminal, and free plugin crypto gateway for WordPress. Supporting 11 cryptocurrencies, Paytomat has been working with more than 330 stores.
In the mid of last month, Ukraine has been moved to regulate Bitcoin among cryptocurrencies as the financial instruments. Bitcoin might not be becoming a legal tender any time soon, but real-world adoption does works in its favor.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?