The number of Bitcoin addresses with a minimum balance of 1 has been on a rise despite the bearish sentiments in crypto markets.
While the derivatives market was predominantly bearish after the panic drop due to coronavirus on 12-13th May, the increase in BTC holdings projects positive on-chain fundamentals. Research analyst, Ria Bhutoria, currently with Fidelity Digital Assets tweeted,
The number of addresses with at least 1 BTC has consistently been establishing new highs every 1-2 days since March 22nd
Glassnode Studio which published the metrics notes,
Number of Addresses holding 1+ coins just reached an ATH of 802,715.000 Previous ATH of 802,567.000 was observed on 08 April 2020
Moreover, the SOPR (Spent Output Profit Ratio) is currently, at a critical juncture around 1. The indicator was introduced by Renato Shirakashi who notes in the blog post,
First of all, SOPR appears to oscillate around the number 1. Secondly, during a bull market values of SOPR below 1 are rejected, while during a bear market values of SOPR above 1 are rejected.
The drop which began in March has seen rejection from the number 1, twice and is now trading around 1. Rejection from this level could will continue to keep the bearish sentiments alive.
Moreover, the on-chain metrics for Ethereum has been consistent despite the drop in prices as well. The number of transactions is above the bear market during the latter half of 2019.
The number of unique addresses is also rising linearly. However, the number of addresses with more than 1 ETH witnessed a huge drop at the beginning of this year.
Moreover, the current risk-off environment as the economy is heading into a recession builds a strong case of cryptocurrenices. However, the risk associated with the investment is equally high.
Nevertheless, the number of ETH addresses with a balance of more than 10 has been stable, projecting a healthy long term view.
How do you think the price will be affected in the short-term? Please share your views with us.
- Just In: Amid Crash, Market Expansion Could Boost This Stablecoin
- This Stablecoin’s Market Cap Skyrockets Amid FUD In Tether, UST
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000