Bitcoin [BTC] price flash rise from $7500 to $10,350 came to the cooldown on Saturday, witnessing massive volatility. The daily correction in price from the high is about $1350, as the price tested daily lows near $9010.
The total market capitalization of the cryptocurrency market increased by over $50 million at the peak. Bitcoin contributed more than 80% to the rise on Friday and early Saturday.
The affirmative price action in Bitcoin fared well for most altcoins, as well. However, the altcoins lost value w.r.t. BTC as the move was driven primarily by Bitcoin. The dominance of Bitcoin [BTC] over the cryptocurrency market increased from 66% to 68% overnight.
Top Gainers among Top Altcoins
While Bitcoin recorded about 25% gains on the daily, major altcoins showcased double digital gains.
The top gainers among large-cap altcoins included Bitcoin Cash [BCH], Bitcoin SV, EOS, and Litecoin. The coupling of altcoins and Bitcoin gains can expect to take to begin an alt-season, or the extreme selling pressure w.r.t Bitcoin could lead to adversity for altcoins as well.
Bitcoin [BCH] recorded highs at $285. Moreover, Ethereum [ETH] too attempted to break towards $200.
Furthermore, the volume of trading on spot exchanges and futures increased drastically. While Bakkt volume recorded new ATHs, the CME futures contract ended on Friday. Trading on CME will begin again late on Sunday.
The futures trading volume on Binance surpassed $1 billion as traders look to cash in on the increased volatility. Moreover, the volume of the Binance spot exchange surged past $3.5 billion. The trading volume of Coinbase pro reached $1 billion as well.
Do you think that the cryptocurrency markets have more steam left in the short term? Please share your views with us.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?