Bitcoin price action in the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair is splitting opinion as candlestick arrangements send mix signals. BTC price is suppressed and in a temporary bear trend. While prices are levitating above the $6,500-$7,000 support zone, the sharp spike in trading volumes that temporarily lifted prices above $7,250 in the hourly chart may have trapped bulls in lower time frames.
Long Squeeze or End of Bear Leg
Because of this, observers are split. Some are confident that BTC could be in the last leg of a bear move.
Others are skeptical, arguing that the candlestick hinted otherwise, and that this was a long squeeze.
In their view, bears are getting started, and this was an early stage of a downtrend that could see BTC slide to new 2019 lows, perhaps retesting 2018 lows of 2018.
Bitcoin is Attractive
How Bitcoin withstands bear pressure often sets the trend in the cryptocurrency market. At the time of writing, despite regulators approving several derivative products and attracting the attention of institutions and deep-pocketed investors, Bitcoin price action is dull.
Volatility is subdued, and that consequentially affects price action and by extension aggressive traders who constantly yearn for opportunities to scalp. BTC price is down 4.50% in the past week but an analysis of BTC long and short positions paints a rosy picture in days ahead.
Accumulation: Bitcoin Longs on an Uptrend
From Bitfinex’s BTCUSD longs chart, it appears as if traders are accumulating. From late November, that is when BTC tumbled to new lows, breaking below $8,000, the number of BTCUSD long positions bottomed up and has been on a rise.
While this is yet to be reflected on the spot BTC/USD daily chart, it is highly likely that BTC will find support in days ahead and events in the hourly chart reveal short exits.
Bitcoin and crypto in general look extremely dangerous to me right now. I'm remaining mostly in cash, and only jumping in and out for scalp trades. Not financial advice, but I think there is much more downside to come.
— MAGIC (@MagicPoopCannon) December 12, 2019
It should be noted that the market is gripped by fear and most analysts are negative. However, from the above, contrarians could play out. In that case, weak hands who are liquidating and exiting their positions gift HODLers yet another opportunity to accumulate for cheap.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?