The crypto market saw its first major liquidation event in 2022 as the majority of the crypto market bled in double digits. Bitcoin fell below $43K support to trade in sub-$42k levels and reached a new 3-month low of $42,761. Ether (ETH) lost $3,500 support and fell to a monthly low of $3,432.
The crypto market bloodbath wiped out nearly $300 billion from the crypto market cap and saw $800 million worth of leveraged positions getting liquidated. Bitcoin saw the largest share of total liquidation with $36.91 million followed by Ether at $20.88 million and Solana (SOL) at $1.88 million.
The market sentiment has turned red with the Fear and Greed Index indicating extreme fear in the market. Social media was also dominated by bearish sentiments as “dip” became the top crypto word for the day. The selling pressure is considerably high but analysts belive it is also the perfect opportunity to buy the dip.
Polarization amongst the trading crowd is upon us, following the latest #dip. And that is what the #1 rising word in #crypto circles is. It also appears the common notion is that it's #buy or #buying time, but with the interest in #sell rising as well. https://t.co/IW5U2BmrNR pic.twitter.com/cVdq8Clf1a
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) January 6, 2022
Bitcoin could retest $41K before a bounce-back
Bitcoin price dip currently coincides with the gold market which has registered record lows in the recent past. With the Omicron variant already showing its impact across nations, BTC is expected to repeat last year’s feat. Even last year BTC started off slowly and showed high correlations with the gold and S&P 500 index, but just within months, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies broke out to record highs which turned their correlation with the traditional market to negative.
Market analysts belive Bitcoin wouldn’t stay at the current levels for long and could either see a rise to $47k or retest its December lows of $41,762 before making a bounce back.
Expecting a sweep of Monday's highs at $47,609 or a retest of December 4 swing low at $41,762. pic.twitter.com/YM5oqG6I9i
— Akash (@Mangyek0) January 6, 2022
The top cryptocurrency is currently trying to conquer $43k as support as it trades around $43,100 at the time of writing. The veteran traders were not necessarily surprised by a 10% market decline as they consider upto 30% pullback in the bull market as a natural market cycle to move to new highs.
- XRP Whales on Accumulation Spree, Ripple Keen to Explore IPO After SEC Battle
- Terra 2.0 Coming With A New “Rebirth” On May 27 But This Time Without UST Stablecoin
- JPMorgan Says “Fair Value” of Bitcoin is $38,000, Prefers Crypto Over Real Estate
- Just In: Bitcoin Maximalist Jack Dorsey Left Twitter Board, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Portugal Takes U-Turn On Crypto Taxation
- Ethereum L2 Protocol StarkWare Raises $100 Million At $8 Billion Valuation
- Just In: Polygon Launches Huge Fund For Terra Migration, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Andreessen Horowitz Launches $4.5 Billion Crypto Fund Amid Market Crash
- Why Banning Crypto Mining Is Almost Impossible?
- Will S. Korean Exchanges Relist LUNA? Rumors Claim Terra Founder Reaching Out To Exchanges
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline