The world’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) has slipped under its crucial support levels of $37,000 and is currently trading 6.195 down at $36,619 with a market cap of $693 billion. This is for the second time in this month of February that the BTC price is trading under $37,000.
This comes amid the broader market correction as the overall crypto market takes a 7% dive losing more than $100 billion of investors’ wealth in the last 24 hours. The recent plunge comes amid the news that Russian President Vladimir Putin recognizes Ukraine’s rebel areas as independent and orders troops to move in while escalating the fears of war.
Well, it unclear whether if the movement of the Russian troops marks the beginning of the Ukraine invasion. however, it certainly sets the beginning of what could lead to a long military operation targeting the country.
Altcoins Bleeding Hard
Well, the correction in the altcoin space is even deeper as of now. Almost all of the top-ten altcoins including Ethereum (ETH) have plunged between 7-15%. The ETH price is down 6.92% and is currently trading at $2,592 with a market cap of $301 billion.
XRP, Cardano (ADA), and Solana (SOL) take the worst hit all collapsing by 13%. as of press time. Terra’s LUNA is holding up relatively better with a 3.5% fall. Popular crypto market analyst Wu Blockchain explains:
Goldman Sachs estimates that the Nasdaq has a potential downside of 9.6%, and a potential upside of 8.6%. The Nasdaq is most closely linked to the crypto market. The Chinese embassy in Ukraine also reminded that the situation in eastern Ukraine has undergone major changes.
This clearly shows that we can expect further volatility from the recent geopolitical developments. It will be interesting to see what will the Fed do in such a situation with respect to the interest rate hikes.
With today’s correction, Bitcoin and all other top ten cryptocurrencies are down by a staggering 15-25% on the weekly chart.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?