- Bitcoin (BTC) soared to a new yearly high at $9,188 USD in the early trading hours on Sunday.
- The price breached a key psychological resistance signaling a possible rise to $10,000 in near term.
Bitcoin (BTC) has been on a sustained uptrend in 2020 as the crypto market reawakened in preparation of the upcoming Bitcoin halving in May. BTC/USD breached past the psychological resistance at $9,000 USD in the early Asian trading hours on Sunday, is a magical run to $10,000 USD possible in the coming days?
Bitcoin (BTC) breaches $9,000 USD, gains 4% in a day
The supersonic rise of the crypto market in 2020, led by Bitcoin, looks set to continue as the top cryptocurrency broke above $9,000 USD for the first time in 2020. The “king of crypto” currently changes hands at $9,036 on the dollar, representing over 3% increase in the past 24 hours. The spike to $9,000 started off on Tuesday when the price crossed above the rising wedge channel resistance at $8,161 USD as bulls took over a rather stagnant market.
The charge past $9K has changed the market sentiments with a number of analysts predicting a bullish momentum in the coming days. Crypto analyst and trader, Big Cheds, stated a bullish indicator that pushed the price from sub-$5,000 levels to $14,000 USD in June 2019, is forming one again. The 8-day MA and 34-day MA lines are in a crossover that signals a possible push to all-time highs if the last bull run is anything to go by.
— Big Cheds (@BigCheds) January 19, 2020
BTC to $14,000 USD before halving
Looking at the weekly charts, the price seems to have set the bottom back in November and December when the bears tested the $6,500 USD support level.
Since then, BTC/USD traded in a sideways movement before breaking out to $8,300 USD resistance level in the first week of January. Bulls charged on the price of BTC through the past week testing higher resistance levels as price breached above the weekly bearish channel. Moreover, the total trading volume on the USD pair is on the rise indicating a rise in bullish sentiments across the market.
— Bitcoin Everest Group (@BitcoinEverest) January 19, 2020
If bulls are able to keep price above the weekly rising channel resistance, a push past the psychological level at $10 K is achievable in a week or so. A breach above $10 K before the halving will set up the coin towards a target of 2019 highs of $14,000 USD and possibly ATH at $20,000 USD after halving.
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?