After crashing severely in early May and throughout April 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) did show some hope to investors last week by consolidating around $30,000 levels. However, on Wednesday, May 18, the Bitcoin price has once again slipped under $29,000 following a strong correction in the U.S. equity market.
Popular Bitcoin critic Peter Schiff calls this a classic bull trap for investors. In one of his recent Twitter posts, Schiff mentions:
“I must admit that I’m surprised that Bitcoin has held up this well. But don’t get cocky #HODLers. The market never gives investors this much time to buy the bottom. It’s more likely this is a bull trap to lure in as many more buyers as possible before the next major leg down”.
Many analysts have been talking that Bitcoin could serve as an inflation hedge in the long term, however, it doesn’t seem to be true as per Schiff. He explains: “Rising #food and #gasoline prices will put more downward pressure on #Bitcoin prices. That’s because grocers and gas stations won’t trade their food or fuel for Bitcoin. So if Bitcoin #HODLers want to eat and drive soon they’ll be forced to sell their precious sats to afford to!”
More Pain Left In Bitcoin
We can’t deny the fact that Bitcoin has been closely following the Nasdaq 100 index on Wall Street. So if the Nasdaq corrects further, which has a higher probability, Bitcoin could be in for a toss. Crypto analyst Lark Davis explains that Nasdaq has already corrected 28% from the top.
On Tuesday, it tanked under its crucial support of 12,100. Thus, we could be in for more pain ahead on Wall Street as well as for Bitcoin.
Nasdaq 100 $ndx trading in bear market 28% below ATH, fallen through support at 12,100. Next relevant support is 8% lower at 11,000.
— Lark Davis (@TheCryptoLark) May 19, 2022
If the BTC price drops under $28,000, the next support level will be at $22,000. This means that altcoins could be in for more pain ahead.
Robert Kiyosaki, the Rich Dad Poor Dad author says that he continues to believe in Bitcoin or the long term. He tweeted:
I remain bullish on Bitcoin’s future. Waiting for test of new bottom. $20k? $14 k? $11 k? $9 k? Why do I remain bullish? Fed and Treasury are corrupt organizations. They will self-destruct before they regain honesty, integrity and moral compass.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%