The veteran cryptocurrencies are back to maintaining their legacy! Bitcoin’s first off-shoot Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has surged 28% in the last 24-hours making its entry back in the top-ten crypto list. As of press time, Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is trading at a price of $1350 with a market cap of $25.2 billion becoming the ninth-largest crypto leaving behind Litecoin (LTC).
Although BCH has been a bit late to join the current altcoin party, it has shot up 55% over the last week. A majority of these gains, however, come just in the last three days. Moreover, BCH’s year-to-date gains have been quite solid at 285% as of press time. As we can see in the below chart, the BCH price has surged all the way from $350 on Jan 1, 2021, to the new 2021-high above $1350 today.
It looks like the recent BCH price rally has been driven by optimism around the upcoming network upgrade on May 15. The network upgrade will focus on changes like improving the consensus algorithm as well as usability.
Bitcoin Cash Network Upgrade
Below are some of the key changes that the BCH Network Upgrade will bring.
- The Bitcoin Cash network upgrade changes focus on improving the user and merchant experience on using BCH for online payments or in-store payments.
- It also includes removing some unconfirmed transaction limits and allowing 50 such transactions at a time. It will also enable multiple OP_RETURNS.
- The network upgrade will involve implementing the double-spend proofs. The double-spend implementation will improve overall security to deal with high-volume high-value transactions.
- Another important upgrade feature is increasing mining blocks with a default size limit of 8MB.
- The next Bitcoin Cash Network Upgrade aims to solve the issues with centralization and transparency by introducing the concept of CHIPs aka Cash Improvement Protocols. these are standardized proposals that will modify certain aspects of BCH. These CHIPs will work as full node client programmers aiming to find consensus and reject any significant modification.
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?