It has been a pretty rough start this year for Bitcoin 2022 as the BTC price corrected more than 10% in the first 12 days of January. On the technical chart, Bitcoin is approaching the death cross pattern that suggests that we might be heading for further pain ahead.
The death cross appears whenever the asset’s price over the last 50 days drops below that of its 200-day moving average. This signals that the momentum is headed downwards. Mati Greenspan, founder of Quantum Economics noted that Bitcoin is approaching a similar death cross pattern later this week. “The chart is pretty clear,” he said.
Bitcoin’s Track Record Around Death Cross
Although the death cross indicator hints at a bearish momentum, Bitcoin’s track record with the death cross remains mixed. Bitcoin managed to overcome the death cross risks during March 2020 and June 2021 and later surged higher to form a golden cross. However, in November 2019, Bitcoin started trading lower a month later following the death cross. Speaking on this matter, Greenspan told Bloomberg:
“Some people say it’s bearish, but for Bitcoin, just about all previous death crosses or golden crosses have proven to be a good buying opportunity, along with any other indicator under the sun for everyone who entered before 2021”.
Juthica Chou, head of OTC options trading at Kraken also added: “The history is really mixed — there’s no surprise given that some of the macro backdrop is affecting price action, but we’ve seen a healthy bounce over the last 24 hours. And I think the fundamentals are still really strong.”
After moving downside the last week, Bitcoin has been showing green shoots over the last two days. Moving away from the death cross, Bitcoin has gained 5% from the $40,000 support levels. Thanks to the strong miner accumulation! As of press time, Bitcoin is trading at $42,698 with a market cap of $806 billion.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?