Founder of Bitcoin.com and renowned Bitcoin Cash proponent Roger Ver has fired back at those proposing the Dropgold campaign. in a tweet, Ver said, “Bitcoin with intentionally full blocks is digital fool’s gold.” He was speaking of the major issue with Bitcoin which has been the block size and the number of transactions it can process.
Roger Ver and the anti Bitcoin campaign
Roger Ver has been a strong opponent of Bitcoin whose team he was part of since the Bitcoin Cash hard fork separated from the number one cryptocurrency. Ver’s major argument which actually caused the breaking of the Bitcoin blockchain has been the limited block size of Bitcoin which has been set at 1 MB.
This has placed a serious limitation on the Bitcoin network’s ability to scale and process more transactions. Ver has often compared Bitcoin with BCH in terms of the number of transactions, speed and cost of the transaction, all of which he claims score higher points with BCH than with Bitcoin.
The Dropgold campaign
Bitcoin has been growing really fast and so has the market. Indeed, gold which has been the main store of value for centuries is starting to lose patronage to Bitcoin as suggested by Google search trends. This has stirred the Dropgold campaign which has gone viral. Obviously, Ver doesn’t think Bitcoin should be considered the new gold, he probably would rather have BCH.
Although Ver’s argument has some elements of truth, it has not actually affected Bitcoin’s popularity or acceptance. With the growing market and the massive adoption Bitcoin is getting, it may indeed become the next gold in the nearest future.
Do let us know your view on the same.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?