- Bitcoin price rally fizzled out slightly above $42,000 amid concerns of crypto tax in the US.
- Dogecoin price risks another dive to $0.16 following the ongoing consolidation.
Cryptocurrencies are grappling with increased overhead pressure, making it difficult for bulls to sustain the winning streak recorded in the past couple of weeks. Initially, Bitcoin pulled the entire market upward as it made haste from levels below $30,000 to highs above $40,000. However, the flagship cryptocurrency’s correction from $42,000 seems to have triggered losses across the board.
The bellwether cryptocurrency is teetering at $38,750 after correcting from weekend highs of $42,500. As selling orders surged, chances of holding above $40,000 narrowed. Besides, the 200 Simple Moving Average (SMA) currently contributes to the overhead pressure.
Meanwhile, the primary goal is to secure higher support, preferably above $38,000. Here, bulls will plan the next attack mission back above $40,000.
However, traders must be aware of the sell signal from the Moving Average (MACD) indicator on the four-hour chart. It implies that the bullish outlook is fading, and sellers are taking control. If the MACD closes the gap to the mean line, Bitcoin might not stop at $38,000 but could stretch the bearish leg to $35,000.
BTC/USD 12-hour chart
Dogecoin had envisioned closing the July close to $0.3, but their desires have been overpowered by consolidation. The meme coin continues to trade slightly above $0.2 while the 100 SMA caps its immediate upside on the 12-hour chart.
The Bollinger bands emphasize the sideways trading, suggesting that Dogecoin is in a no-trade zone. Note that as the bands constrict, DOGE nears a breakout. However, the Bollinger bands do not indicate the direction of the breakout. Traders can watch out for close above the upper band to validate an upswing and below the lower band to ascertain a price drop.
DOGE/USD four-hour chart
At the time of writing, Dogecoin was trading below the middle boundary, hence the possibility of the downtrend resuming. Moreover, the RSI has just slipped under the mean line, emphasizing the aggressive bearish outlook. Realize that closing the day under $0.2 could trigger more losses to $0.16.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long