Bitcoin has broken above the psychological $6,000 level while constantly moving upwards and registering gains. As the BTC dominance rises above 50% and trading volume surges as well, it shadows the top altcoins which have started to rise in tandem with Bitcoin but at a much slower pace.
Bitcoin enjoying gains at $6,450
After the excruciatingly painful days of the red market, today is the day of celebration for the cryptocurrency investors, especially Bitcoin. During the past week, the Bitcoin price dropped just below $6,000 level and further threatened to drop lower. Analysts and experts have been predicting the price to hit a new low of this year.
However, as we can see in the 24-hour chart, Bitcoin is in the green at $6,450 (at the time of writing) while being up by 2.23 percent. The world’s leading cryptocurrency started seeing a stable pattern yesterday only before it moved upwards.
With a market cap of $111 billion, Bitcoin is registering a substantial increase in its 24 hours trading volume. Last week, the trading volume dropped down to about $4 billion which is currently at $6.7 billion, is the primary reason for an upward swing in Bitcoin prices.
On the weekend, we reported that the Turkey crypto exchanges are showing a surge in cryptocurrencies’ trading volume, especially Bitcoin that experienced a 63 percent increase. Paribu and BTCTurk crypto exchanges reported the spike of 100 percent and 35 percent respectively.
Also, read: Sentimental Analysis for Cryptocurrencies – Caution Sighted as Sentiment Turns Neutral with Negativity Rising
BTC dominance at over 50%, Bitcoin doing better than Altcoins
Bitcoin Dominance which has dropped down to about 32 percent in January this year, is breaking the records of the year. Since mid-May, the BTC dominance is slowly but surely seeing an upward movement. Today, BTC dominance has reached the All-Time High (ATH) of 2018 at 51.1 percent.
Moving on to the wider crypto market, Bitcoin is doing better than the top altcoins. To put it into perspective, the gains of the top 20 cryptocurrencies is lower than Bitcoin except for Stellar (XLM) which is up by over 9 percent and NEM (XEM) by 5.54 percent as shown here:
- Ethereum (ETH) – 0.15%
- XRP (XRP) – 1.06%
- EOS (EOS) – 1.69%
- Litecoin (LTC) – 1.01%
- Cardano (ADA) -1.66%
- IOTA (MIOTA) – 0.81%
- Tron (TRX) – 0.48%
Bitcoin is starting to gain investors’ attention around the world as the national currencies lose their value and see it as a good hedge against fiat crash. It is a possibility, we just might see a substantial spike in Bitcoin trading volume and prices as more and more investors’ flock towards the leading cryptocurrency.
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- Shiba Inu The Most-Held Token By ETH Whales, Is Metaverse Hype Back?
- South Korean Terra Holders Skyrocketed After Its Crash, Here’s Why
- Verse Metaverse – LA Villa Hand Over On May 30
- Bitcoin (BTC) Faces A Crash To 2020 Lows, Here’s Why
- On-Chain Data: Bitcoin (BTC) Always Pegs Higher Trust Over Ether (ETH) in Bear Market
- Is Terra’s Singapore Office A “Paper Company?”
- Bitcoin (BTC) Options Market Hints Major Downside Risks Over Next 3-6 Months
- Bitcoin (BTC) Fails to Hold $30,000 Again, Guggenheim CIO Predicts A Crash to $8000
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token