The cryptocurrency markets took broke further bearish as Bitcoin slid below $10,000. The total market capitalization of cryptocurrencies lost close to $7 billion.
Bitcoin plunged on Wednesday to test support near $10,100. However, the selling continued and a bounce above $10,100 was seemingly improbable. The price of Bitcoin at 4: 30 hours UTC on 22nd August 2019 is $9979, after testing lows near $9750 earlier.
Hence, there is a lot of uncertainty in the market. The trading volume in Bitcoin has decreased considerably over the past few days. Moreover, analysts are suggesting a big break soon.
B.Biddles, crypto-trader, suggested negative market sentiments. He said that “Big vol. is in selling” and “breakouts have been quickly cannibalized and turned into breakdowns.” Hence, the Bitcoin bag holder is a bear in the short term.
Moreover, Sawcruhteez, crypto-analyst and trader, noted that he “Will be expecting a big move to follow once this structure breaks.” The structure formed is a triangle which is testing its bearish limits for now. However, a break to the upside is also possible.
Altcoin Vs. Bitcoin
The altcoins also took equivalent losses to Bitcoin as its dominance stayed around 69%. Willy Woo, crypto-analyst, has suggested from his statistical analysis of Bitcoin and altcoin momentum, that altcoin “may be heading into a region of support.”
The altcoin trader sentiments are more vulnerable than Bitcoin as their perceived value is losing importance. Willy Woo noted,
All alts are valued on people parking money in them. Speculation. No different from BTC. Alts have no utility valuation. Zilch…
Peter Brandt, another chart analyst, predicted that the support regions might be very low. Being cryptic as its best, Brandt, seems to be suggesting a bearish head and shoulders on altcoins – BCH, XRP and LTC.
— Peter Brandt (@PeterLBrandt) August 21, 2019
Nevertheless, Bitcoin’s technical limitation with scalability has also prevented its widespread adoption. Hence, development and increased acceptance from global authorities will be paramount to price movements.
Do you think that hodlers will continue selling or wait for the next break-out? Please share your views with us.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?