Bitcoin [BTC] price just witnessed huge volatility in its price with a flash rise and crash. There were a lot of interesting points that came about during the move.
First, the rise was executed exactly at the break of a new day at 00: 00 hours UTC on 12th December 2019. While the buying volume was tremendous the following red candles were opened in smaller numbers.
Moreover, the price action also logged a difference between the prices of exchange from this particular one: BitMEX.
BTC price rose from $7196 to reach a high at $7445 in less than a minute followed by a slump to $7093 in the next 40 minutes. However, this particular price action was observed only on BitMEX, whereas, it was slightly different on other exchanges.
BitMEX Whales Cause Imbalance in Crypto Markets
The high recorded on BitMEX is $7445 compared to the $7309 on Kraken derivatives market. This reflects a difference of 1.8%.
The high recorded on spot exchanges like Bitstamp and Coinbase at the moment was $7298. Bitcoin Basis (the difference between derivatives and spot exchanges) rose to about $150.
The rise was momentary and the large buy could have been the result of whale action. Some of the traders even criticized BitMEX for their operations. Nebraska Gooner, a crypto trader tweeted,
Why anyone trades on Bitmex is mind-blowing to me. They’re known for having the absolute worst scam wicks.. smh
Nevertheless, the vast volume and 100x leverage on BitMEX makes it susceptible to these moves.
The flash rise towards $7400 caused about $8 million short order liquidations at the exchange. Moreover, at the reversal about $6 million long orders were liquidated. Hence, weak hands seem to be getting liquidated with sharp moves in Bitcoin.
The uncertainty in price action is holding the price above $7000. However, the bears and bulls on both sides of the current range seem to be in large numbers.
Where do you think the break-out of the accumulation will occur? Please share your views with us.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?