After a strong bloodbath earlier this month, Bitcoin and the overall crypto market are showing up some strength as of now. Over the last few hours, Bitcoin has regained its position above $38,000 levels.
As of press time, BTC is trading 1% up at $38,162 with a market cap of $723 billion. Similarly, Ethereum (ETH) is up trading close to $2600 levels. On-chain data provider Santiment reports that despite the pullback, traders continue to remian skeptical. It adds that this negative sentiment has “a high probability of fueling further price rises”.
Furthermore, another data shows that as the BTC price climbs above the Bitcoin Fear and Greed Index has eased up from levels of “extreme fear” to now “fear”.
Bitcoin Fear and Greed Index is 29 – Fear
Current price: $38,073 pic.twitter.com/JiSM7SgZEC
— Bitcoin Fear and Greed Index (@BitcoinFear) January 30, 2022
Instituional players, on the other hand, continue to dominate the Bitcoin on-chain activity. As per Glassnode:
Bitcoin transfer volumes continue to be dominated by institutional size flows, with more than 65% of all transactions being larger than $1M in value. The uptrend in institutional dominance in onchain volumes started around Oct 2020 when prices were around $10k to $11k.
Ethereum, Altcoins To Watch for
On the other hand, the on-chain data provider also reports that Ethereum’s address activity remains at sustained levels despite the early month crash. It notes:
Ethereum has regained the $2,550 level to end the week. With Bitcoin ending the week with a nice push of its own, and $ETH‘s active address remaining stable, the #2 #crypto asset by market cap should maintain stable prices if utility continues rising.
If we look at other altcoins, Chainlink (LINK) is rebounding nicely after correcting a strong 50% earlier this week. As of press time, Chianlink (LINK) is trading 7% up at a price of $17.35 and a market cap of $7.9 billion.
On the other hand, Cardano whale addresses have been loading up their bags amid the recent price correction. Santiment reports: “Cardano’s price, like many #altcoins, have plummeted in the past 10 days, dropping -34%. However, large addresses holding between 10k and 1M $ADA, own 113% more in their collective bags since the drop on January 17th, accumulating $53.6M in tokens”.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3