Interest for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is increasing among the institutional investors. Coinbase VP and GM, Adam White revealed this fact and shared that Coinbase is also working on driving institutional investor interest it by focusing on transparency, compliance, and regulatory clarity.
Coinbase VP assures institutional investors’ interest in Bitcoin and other coins are rising
According to the Vice President and General Manager of Coinbase Adam White, institutional investors interest is increasing in the bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies space and institutional investment are helping the industry grow.
In his interview with CNBC’s Fast Money, White shared,
“What’s so unique about cryptocurrencies, and in many ways, this asset class, [is that it] was driven by retail investors — not institutions.”
“He further shared this was the reason that Coinbase was surprised with the unprecedented interest from the institutional investors throughout last year.”
According to White, “institutional conversations have become more and more profound.” This is what led the San Francisco-based crypto exchange to open another office in New York and launch a series of new products and services like Coinbase Custody to cater to institutional investors.
Coinbase to pave the way for institutional investors
However, to attract the institutional investors in a large number, the crypto market needs to be more transparent, compliant and have regulatory clarity. This is the way to bring the institutional investors and money into the crypto space.
White says, “Those are the exact three things Coinbase is working on”, but he clarifies these things doesn’t happen overnight.
He further shares,
“What we’re seeing though, with institutions, is that they want absolutely the right regulatory structure around it.”
According to White, it doesn’t matter if they are retail investors or crypto hedge funds, everyone value these assets differently. Now, the core metrics involves the daily transactions, volume moving through it and how many are exactly building on top of it.
“The end of the day these are open protocols that facilitate the kind of value, creation and movement”.
The largest crypto exchange in the US, Coinbase recently announced that it is considering listing 5 new coins due to rising demand from customers
“We have a long-term vision for space. And we are focused on building the exchange, the wallet, the custodian, that allows capital to move into space”
It has also been revealed that Coinbase has also received the green light from the authorities to list those crypto assets that are deemed securities. It’s a possibility that Coinbase might add hundreds of cryptocurrencies in the future but it has always been cautious of adding more coins, so it’s all wait and watch for now.
How will this news affect bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Will see Bitcoin ETF’s soon?
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?