- Bitcoin is focusing on sustaining the uptrend but a break above the long term trendline is critical for continued growth.
- BTC/USD must hold above the 50 SMA in the weekly range to avoid possible declines likely to test triangle support.
Bitcoin is facing the ongoing struggle under $9,000 simply because it failed to break above the key downtrend (check the descending trendline on the chart) several times. The weekly chart widens Bitcoin’s technical picture and we can clearly see what the buyers must do to keep the bullish momentum intact.
Interestingly, the market can be said to be bullish despite the lower swing highs and swing lows. For instance, BTC/USD is currently trading above the 50-day SMA (functioning as immediate support). The 50 SMA is above 100 SMA which is also above the longer-term 200 SMA, all of which point towards a bullish market.
The way the situation is, Bitcoin is coming from a stronger bullish market, although it failed to break the downtrend. Its main aim, for now, is to continue nurturing the uptrend and to do so, the price has to break the downtrend line. In other words, the action at the downtrend line remains very vital to further upward movement in the near term.
In the event, the price bounces off the downtrend line, Bitcoin would start to spiral under the 50 SMA as well as the 100 SMA. Extended declines could also test the 200 SMA and the triangle support. A break, particularly, below the triangle support would signal the beginning a stronger downtrend.
BTC/USD weekly chart
From a different technical perspective, Bitcoin is currently in the hands of the bulls as observed using the MACD. The indicator has recovered from the recent dip and is now settling above the mean line. This shows that bulls are in the driver seat, waiting for a technical breakout. However, low volume and many bulls waiting for a confirmed breakout continue to delay BTC/USD progress.
Bitcoin Intraday Key Levels
Spot rate: 8,839
Relative change: -5
Percentage change: -0.05
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?