Bitcoin price started a major bearish move from the $8,200 swing high against the US Dollar. BTC/USD traded below $7,640 and recoveries are likely to be capped by $7,800.
- Bitcoin buyers failed to push the price above a key barrier at $8,200-8,300.
- BTC/USD declined sharply and broke a crucial declining channel with support at $7,640 on the 2-hours chart.
- If the recent break is true, BTC price may decline further towards $7,400 and $7,250.
Bitcoin price analysis
This past week, bitcoin price attempted to break an important resistance near $8,200 and $8,300. However, BTC/USD failed to gain traction above $8,200, resulting in a downward move.
The 2-hours chart indicates that the price failed near a declining channel resistance at $8,200 and declined sharply. During the slide, it broke the $7,750 support to move into a bearish zone.
More importantly, there was a break below the declining channel support at $7,640. The price traded as low as $7,461 and it is currently correcting higher. However, the broken channel support at $7,640 is acting as a resistance and is preventing gains above $7,650.
The stated resistance coincides with the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the last dive from the $8,210 high to $7,461 low. Considering the fact that the $7,520/00 is a decent support (the previous pivot level), the price may perhaps attempt a larger upward correction.
Should there be an upside break above the $7,650 resistance, BTC price could test the 50% Fib retracement level of the last dive from the $8,210 high to $7,461 low at $7,836.
However, gains are likely to be limited above the $7,836 level unless there is a change in volumes and momentum. Above $7,836 level, the channel resistance and the 100 SMA (2-hours, green) are the next important barriers for buyers.
On the flip side, if the price extends its slide below the $7,461 low, the next stop for sellers could be the $7,400 level. Below this, bitcoin might tumble towards the $7,250 level.
In short, the recent break-in BTC/USD could intensify if the price trades below the $7,461 low. The squeeze momentum indicator suggests that the bearish momentum peaked and exhausted, which could result in an upward correction towards $7,700 or $7,750.
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?