- Bitcoin is trading at support provided by the .618 Fibonacci Retracement level priced at $6453.
- Upside is limited until bulls break above the September high at $7429.
- Support moving forward; $6453, $6400, $6350, $6300, $6189, $6032, $6000, $5858.
- Resistance moving forward; $6581, $6639, $6824, $7053, $7431, $7606, $7857.
The cryptocurrency currently trades around the $6472 handle after seeing a small -1% price decline over the past 7 rolling trading days.
Bitcoin retains the number 1 ranked position in terms of overall market cap value across the board. It currently holds a total market cap value of around $112 billion as the 66-month-old cryptocurrency sees a 14.48% price decline over the past 90 trading days. Bitcoin is now trading at a price that is 66% lower than the all-time high value.
Let us continue to analyze price action over the short term and continue to highlight any potential support and resistance zones moving forward.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
BTC/USD – SHORT TERM – DAILY CHART
Analyzing price action from the short term perspective above, we can clearly see the previous swing leg when price action started from a low of $5858 on the 14th of August 2018 and extended to a high of $7429 on the 2nd of September 2018. This was a price increase totaling 26% from low to high.
We can see that as the market reached the high, it had met resistance at the 1.272 Fibonacci Extension level priced at $7431 before rolling over. The market fell until finding support at the .786 Fibonacci Retracement level priced at $6189. This Fibonacci Retracement level is measured from the entire swing leg outlined above.
Price action is now currently trading at the support provided by the .618 Fibonacci Retracement level priced at $6453. The market had recently slipped out of its previous range between $6645 – $6581 where it had been trading for the past few days.
Moving forward, if the bears continue with their bearish pressure to push the market below the support at the $6453 handle we can expect immediate support located below at the psychological round number handle of $6400 followed by $6300. Further support below can then be found at the .786 and .886 Fibonacci Retracement levels priced at $6189 and $6032, respectively.
If the bears continue to pressure the market below the strong support at $6000 we can expect immediate support below at the low seen during August 2018 priced at $5858.
Alternatively, on the other hand, if the bulls can regroup their efforts and push price action higher we can expect immediate resistance above to be located at the upper boundary of the markets previous range priced at $6645. This level of resistance is significant due to the .5 Fibonacci Retracement level also being located within this area.
Further resistance higher can be expected at the .382 and .235 Fibonacci Retracement levels priced at $6824 and $7053. If the bulls can then go on to break above the $7431 handle then further resistance above can be expected at the 1.414 and 1.618 Fibonacci Extension levels priced at $7606 and $7857 respectively.
- Ethereum’s Buterin To Use Returned $100M From SHIB Donation For Covid Relief Projects Worldwide
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Unfazed By Bitcoin Crash, Set To Launch Its Metaverse – ‘Shiberse’
- Hackers Siphon Off $80 Million in Cryptocurrency from Qubit DeFi platform
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?