Bitcoin price lost the crucial $44,000 level on Wednesday after reports emerged that the Federal Reserve’s December FOMC session was set to re-confirm plans to decrease its balance sheet and increase interest rates in 2022.
Following these news, the stock market corrected as well as the crypto market with Bitcoin shedding $330 of its market value in just 30 minutes.
All top 10 cryptocurrencies are in deep red, apart from stable coins (USDT and USDC) according to data from CoinMarketCap.
This validates the outlooks of bears that we might experience a bear crypto market for the better part of 2022.
However, the short-term outlook for the big crypto points to a deeper correction in the near-term.
Bitcoin Price Could Drop 7.5% Further To $40,000
Wednesdays crypto market crash saw BTC price fall below the horizontal support line of the descending triangle as shown on the four-hour chart.
Losing the aforementioned support at $45,645 was crucial for bears as the price of the pioneer cryptocurrency escaped from the confines of the governing chart pattern.
The target of the descending triangle chart pattern is $40,011. Therefore, if the current Bitcoin price correction continues, it will drop further to tag the target of the chart pattern just above $40,000.
If this happens, BTC/USD price will drop approximately 7.57% from the current price around $43,308.
BTC/USD Four-Hour Chart
Note that the entry of the Moving Average Convergence Divergence Indicator (MACD) into the negative region validates this bearish outlook. Also, the MACD sent a call to sell Bitcoin yesterday when the 12-four-hour exponential moving average (EMA) crossed below the 26 EMA suggesting that the market momentum had flipped red.
In addition, the entry of the RSI into the oversold zone is an indication that the bears are currently in control of the BTC price, adding credence to the bearish outlook.
Looking Over The Fence
On the flipside, the oversold RSI is an indication that the selling pressure might fade out soon pointing to a reversal in the price action in the near future.
If this happens, Bitcoin might rise to reclaim the $44,000 support level, which might bolster bulls to undo yesterday’s losses.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?