Bitcoin and altcoins are seeing the greens between 2 to 5 percent range with Ethereum surging over 8 percent. The market turned green as Bakkt announced its first acquisition declaring they are not sitting idle while awaiting regulatory approval from CFTC. Meanwhile, Vontobel, a Swiss multi-billion dollar bank announced its entry into the crypto industry via custody services.
Bitcoin & Altcoins Turn Green
AT the time of writing, Bitcoin has been trading at $3,700 according to Coinmarketcap data with over 3 percent gains in the past 24-hours. The leading cryptocurrency is managing the daily trading volume of $5.5 billion.
Currently, the entire crypto market is seeing greens in tandem with Bitcoin as total market cap goes to $123 billion. About the surge in altcoins’ price, Joshua Frank, the co-founder of crypto analytics platform TheTIE.io stated,
“Interestingly, we saw that the sentiment of four of the five other largest cryptocurrencies: XRP, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and EOS moved positive prior to the jump this morning. In the case of Bitcoin sentiment was actually pretty negative during the increase.”
Technical Analysis Favours the Greens
Apart from Bakkt and Vontobel, the technical analysis also supports the price rise as Mati Greenspan, the senior analyst at eToro shared,
“The support area between $3,000 and $3,500 is holding, just as we’ve been discussing these last few months.”
According to Jon Pearlstone, publisher of CryptoPatterns newsletter, though Bitcoin struggled with $3,500 on the weekend, it rose above this level on “solid volume” which he said showed “a successful retest of key support.” It could lead the cryptocurrency to “test higher resistance levels at $4000 and above,” he stated.
Bakkt Acquisition & Multi-Billion Dollar-Swiss Bank’s Entry into Crypto
The greens entered the market as Bakkt announced its first acquisition of “Rosenthal Collins Group (RCG), an independent futures commission merchant with nearly 100 years of earning clients’ trust.” This acquisition is to expand its risk management, compliance, and treasury operations.
According to Kelly Loeffler, this ensures that,
“We’re not standing still as we await regulatory approval by the CFTC for the launch of regulated trading in our crypto markets.”
Moreover, Vontobel, a Swiss multi-billion dollar bank officially announced its entry into the crypto custody business. Roger Studer, the Head of Vontobel Investment Banking stated,
“Digital Asset Vault represents the logical next step in the development of our range of services for digital assets. With our innovative strength and experience, we have thus closed the gap between existing and digital assets. By incorporating digital assets into our own banking infrastructure, we have also become the first provider to already meet the high standards required by financial intermediaries and their regulators.”
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?