Bitcoin price broke past the key resistance of $35,000 to record a new weekly high of $36,425. The price rose over 6% over the last 24-hours after another bearish weekend dominated by short-sellers. The top cryptocurrency failed to break $35K last week after a rebound from sub $30k levels.
The weekend saw a massive surge in short positions on Bitfinex estimated to be over a billion dollars, with one whale in particular borrowing 15K BTC to open a large short position. The shorts failed again as the start of the new week added with a new stream of institutional purchases led to the majority of shorts getting liquidated. The overall sentiment of the market has turned bullish as traders are more willing to open a long position than a short one.
Bitcoin is currently breaking out of the long-held price range of $30k – $35k and looks set to retest $40k soon if it manages to get past the 200 EMA resistance on a 4-hour time frame.
Key On-Chain Metrics Turn Green
Key on-chain metrics such as exchange liquidity and funding rates have turned bullish again. The on-chain funding rates have turned positive in weeks.
24H Volume: 1,299,113,300
24H Volume: 5,341,102,650
24H Volume: 5,617,082
— WhaleTrades 🐳 (@WhaleTrades) June 29, 2021
The number of unique addresses holding bitcoin as well as those addresses which have at least two transactions without any expenditure has also reached a new high.
Number of Accumulation Addresses (addresses that have received at least two txs but have never spent) continues to trend up, with another leg over the last two weeks.
This resembles nothing of the blow-off top and then sideways trend that took place in 2013 and 2017. pic.twitter.com/mslAk86PI3
— William Clemente III (@WClementeIII) June 29, 2021
Along with Bitcoin a majority of altcoins also registered a bullish burst recording new weekly highs in what many called a market trend reversal. As the crypto market traded in the green, more bullish news came from institutions as several financial giants today announced new crypto ventures and partnerships.
German exchange operator Deutsche Borse acquired two-third stakes in institutional crypto asset manager Crypto Finance AG. World’s biggest interdealer broker TP ICAP announced a crypto trading platform in partnership with Fidelity and Standard Chartered.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?