Leading Bitcoin [BTC] derivative’s, BitMEX, the holding company, 100x announces a $50,000 bounty to a core Bitcoin [BTC] developer. Jeremy Rubin, the founder of Judica Inc. is the latest recipient of the 100x Open Source Developer Grant programme.
Judica Inc. has been working on the implementation of smart contracts on Bitcoin. For this, he maintains the CVT proposal and is developing the Sapio programming language. The blog post from BitMEX lists the goals below,
The lab’s goals are to conduct critical infrastructure on Bitcoin’s mempool, maintain the CheckTemplateVerify (BIP-119) proposal and to develop the Sapio programming language among other things.
The plans of the R&D lab could enhance the usage of Bitcoin and also allow the addition of more applications by regulating Bitcoin on-chain spending and security.
Currently, there are 31 grants so far from institutions like Square Crypto Inc., BitMEX, Okcoin, MIT Digital Currency Initiative and so on. The new holding company structure of BitMEX, branded 100x, was announced on 15th July which took over HDR Global Trading. The management, nonetheless, is still the same. Square Crypto Inc. is the firm founded by Jack Dorsey, Twitter founder to develop and provide en masse crypto services primarily focusing on Bitcoin.
One of the leading recipients of these grants is BTC Pay Server which is an open-source payment processor. Apart from this, Blockstream led by Adam Back is another leading firm which works on Bitcoin core development.
Do you think smart contracts on Bitcoin [BTC] could be a reality and how will it affect the crypto market? Please share your views with us.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS