Tuesday 2nd October 2019, according to stats on localbitcoins, BTC is seen to have recorded a considerably high trading volume. As a matter of fact, today’s figures are the highest recorded in the history of bitcoin trades in Hong Kong.
Bitcoin In Heavy Demand
This news, having been observed by industry experts have caught the attention of mainstream media as well as crypto twitter. Popular crypto influencer and senior analyst at eToro, Mati Greenspan, also notified the crypto community of this development.
According to Mati, portfolio managers might regard bitcoin a “necessary evil” and highly risky investment, however, many others treat the top cryptocurrency as nothing short of a safe haven investment.
About $13 million HKD exchanged in the last week.
For a portfolio manager, BTC is still considered a risk asset but for some people, it is clearly treated as a safe haven.
— Mati Greenspan (@MatiGreenspan) October 2, 2019
Hong Kong Protest Instigating A Demand For Bitcoin
Statistics derived from localbitcoins showed that about 13 million HKD was traded in bitcoins during last week, a figure higher than any other time period in history. The “king crypto” as bitcoin is sometimes called therefore restores hope in the minds of many believing it to be a fast developing monetary technology.
Hong Kong has fallen into a deep state of economic imbalance and chaos since mid-2019. In August, coingape reported that Bitcoin saw constant demand in Hong Kong as protesters sought anonymity. At the time, the price of bitcoin on popular Hong Kong crypto exchange, TideBit was about $11,477.34, about $80 higher than figures derived from coin market cap and most other crypto exchanges outside Hong Kong. As a matter of fact, the figure had been around $160 within previous week of the time frame.
It is not a coincidence that bitcoin is riding this turbulence times in Hong Kong. The anatomy of bitcoin as a cryptocurrency and the anonymity of its transactions has possibly appealed to this set of people who now use bitcoin in their everyday activities in order to escape the police
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?