Popularly known as “gold bug”, Peter Schiff, engaged with renowned bitcoin enthusiast, Anthony Pompliano in a series of arguments on twitter in which both are planning to place the “golden bet of the decade” in order to support their respective choices of assets, gold and bitcoin.
Minus 50% Bitcoin Price Still Outperforms Many Other Assets
In the events leading to leading to the pronouncement of $100k worth of gold and bitcoin as the stake, Pomp had stated that even if bitcoin dipped by 50%, it would still be outperforming many other assets. According to Pomp,
Bitcoin’s price could fall 50% from today’s price of $10,600 and the digital currency would still be outperforming the S&P 500 in 2019.
Bitcoin Crashing Further, Minus 50% Is Understatement
Responding to Pomp’s confident tweet, Schiff said that while Pomp’s statement was true at the 50% mark of the dip, Bitcoin’s decline was going to be much greater than 50%. Further expressing his confidence about his prediction, Schiff added that bitcoin was going to be the worst performing asset within the next 10 years. This was where the proposal for staking $100k came into play.
$200k Bet, Winner Takes All!
Pomp replied by suggesting that both men put $100k each (in the form of gold and bitcoin) in escrow for 10 years. The asset which performs better, in terms of Returns On Investments (ROI) at the end of the period wins the bet in a winner takes all arrangement. Schiff has not responded if he is in for the bet.
Peter Schiff is the chairman of Euro Pacific Capital and also the chairman of SchiffGold, a company that teaches investors how to invest in gold and silver. He tweets heavily about investments in gold and also critiques Bitcoin.
On the other side, Anthony Pompliano, who recently got the alias “bitcoin bug” is the co-founder and partner at Morgan Creek Digital, an establishment which provides asset management services. Pomp, as he is popularly known, appears on podcasts and interviews and talks about matters related to Bitcoin. He has established himself as a reputable bitcoin influencer in the cryptocurrency space.
The duo also recently debated which asset class was a better choice on CNBC in a stalemate argument which left spectators on both sides with expectations of another session.
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?