In Spite of quarter 3 being a bear market, institutional investors’ interest is increasing in the crypto sector as per the report of digital asset manager Grayscale investments. Moreover, Bitcoin & XRP keeps on making the profits for the firm’s investments, unlike other cryptocurrencies.
Institutional Investments’ Heavy Inflow in Crypto Sector “Bitcoin has the potential to radically transform our concepts of money, store of value, and the means by which assets are exchanged the world over,” says the founder of Grayscale Investment, Barry Silbert.
In its latest investment report for Q3, one of the world’s largest digital asset managers shares the total investment made in this quarter has been $81.1 million with the majority of the investment i.e. 70 percent from the institutional investors.
The point worth noting here is q3 didn’t see much movement in the crypto market, mostly reflecting low trading volume and little to no price movement.
The report writes, “Despite a slight deceleration in the most recent quarter, new investment into Grayscale products remains strong,” before further adding, this has been “the strongest year-to-date inflows through September that we’ve experienced during any calendar year since the inception of our business.”
It further shares “Institutional investors’ share of new investment increased to 70% in Q3, though the dollar-value invested was lower than in the two previous quarters.”
Moreover, US remains the dominant region as it explains, “Roughly 64% of all new investment came from U.S. investors, followed by offshore investors (e.g., Cayman-domiciled entities), and investors in other regions of the world.”
When it comes to the cryptocurrency “Bitcoin is still king” as Bitcoin Investment Trust saw the highest average weekly investment of $4.5 million. Another cryptocurrency that is making a strong impression with its profit potential is XRP as the company shares, “While Q3 marked the lowest point of the 2018 drawdown, Bitcoin Investment Trust and XRP Investment Trust are bucking the trend on a possible reversal, generating the first positive quarterly returns for Grayscale products in 2018.”ki
The quarter 3 report of Grayscale shows a pretty bullish picture for the Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as the institutional interest and investment stays focused on the crypto market despite it being a bear market.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5