- Shuri Castle, a 600-year-old World Heritage site in Okinawa Japan, was destroyed by fire than broke out on 31st October 2019.
- Houbi Japan has initiated a crypto donation program to contribute to rebuilding the site.
- Bitcoin and XRP donations are accepted for now as they plan to extend to other crypto assets as well.
A fire broke out early on 31st October in the far east and destroyed the world heritage site. While no casualties were reported, the wooden castle was burned to ashes.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization declared it a World Heritage site in 2000.
Mikiko Shiroma, the mayor of Naha, the capital of Okinawa Prefecture, is reportedly holding talks with the Japenese Central Government to rebuild the monument.
How to give here :https://t.co/FHfKnWWEMr
— HuobiGlobal ? (@HuobiGlobal) November 25, 2019
The exchange will provide a receipt of the donations. Hence, it can be used as a tax-deductible by the Japanese tax system. Moreover, Okinawa is reportedly also losing its share of tourists due to its center of attraction being burnt to the ground.
The castle not only held historical importance but also stood as a symbol for the region’s textile industry. The loss in tourism will eventually lead to a loss of their culture as well.
Moreover, the castle was built by handy craftsmen in the past two times. However, the number of skilled workers has decreased due to technological advancements. Hence, rebuilding the castle will be a more significant challenge for the people this time around.
Do you think donations could lead to more financial inclusion of cryptocurrencies? Please share your views with us.
- El Salvador: Government faces investigation into Bitcoin Trust’s expenditure
- ECB President asserts “Cryptos are not currencies, full stop.”
- Just-in: PayPal Starts Bitcoin and Other Crypto Trading Services in UK
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Upside Potential Limited But Remains Fundamentally Strong To Hit $50,000
- El Salvador: Enraged Protesters burn down Bitcoin ATM
- Senior Coinbase Engineer Luke Youngblood Joins BENQI Protocol As A Strategic Advisor
- Breaking: Coinbase Tops the List of Fastest-Growing Finance Apps
- Why Blockchain Technology and NFTs Could Significantly Increase the Revenue for Artists
- MonoX raises $5 million to disrupt traditional DEXs using single-sided liquidity pools
- The International DOTA 2: Win Fantastic Prizes in the 1xBit’s New Esports Tournament