After discontinuing its fiat deposits for nearly a week, owing to its troubles with finding a reliable banking partner, Bitfinex finally has stuck to its words and has announced the resumption of fiat deposit through its new fiat deposit system.
Bitfinex still hunts for a reliable banking partner
Bitfinex announced the resumption of Fiat deposits using its twitter hand where it said that the exchange expected its new fiat deposit system in place with the next few hours.
We expect to have our new fiat deposit system in place within the next few hours. Please stay tuned for further updates.
— Bitfinex (@bitfinex) October 16, 2018
Bitcoin’s biggest exchange, Bitfinex, had suspended all fiat deposits and stopped accepting bank transfers, just days after the exchange had denied rumors that its operations were on the brink of insolvency. The latest suspension was linked to recent reports which had held that the exchange’s Puerto Rico-based bank, Noble Bank International, was facing insolvency.
The crypto industry outlet The Block, which first broke the news, said Bitfinex was banking with HSBC through a private account of Global Trading Solutions. However, it’s not clear if the lender has blocked the crypto venue or what alternative channels will be considered to solve these transmission delays. In all cases, the complexity and scale involved mean that it is taking some time to return to normal payment cycles, though Bitfinex “expects the situation to normalize within a week.”
Bitfinex’s banking arrangements have been unclear since it lost access to Wells Fargo as its correspondent bank in April 2017. The British Virgin Islands-based company, which currently handles around half a billion in bitcoin trading volumes, opened a Polish bank account in November 2017 to begin trading euro pairs.
Bitfinex is currently the 4th largest exchange globally by daily traded volume, seeing a 154 percent increase over the 24-hour period to see almost $633.4 million in trades on the day.
While clearing rumors of, late last week, on October 7th, Bitfinex published a blog post entitled “A Response To Recent Online Rumours”, in which the company denied it was having problems processing fiat:
“Both fiat and cryptocurrency withdrawals are functioning as normal. Verified Bitfinex users can freely withdraw Euros, Japanese Yen, Pounds Sterling, and U.S. Dollars. Complications continue to exist for us in the domain of fiat transactions, as they do for most cryptocurrency-related organizations.”
The blog post also said that any news about “an entity called Noble Bank,” had no impact on the exchange’s operations.
With Bitfinex resuming its fiat deposits does come as a relief to a lot of users. Does bring in some credibility to Bitfinex statements. Hopefully, the exchange would resolve other matters soon as well.
Will Bitfinex be able to establish the credibility and become a prominent global exchange? Do let us know your views on the same.
- Ethereum’s Buterin To Use Returned $100M From SHIB Donation For Covid Relief Projects Worldwide
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Unfazed By Bitcoin Crash, Set To Launch Its Metaverse – ‘Shiberse’
- Hackers Siphon Off $80 Million in Cryptocurrency from Qubit DeFi platform
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?